Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Own Personal Travel Agent


Those of you who have been reading know of the plan my then 3 and a half year old concocted in the middle of a November night while in the throes of throwing up.  If you are visiting for the first time click here to read about the funny things in her funny head.  The thing is...I thought the plan would go away when the fever died down.  It didn't.  She remembered the next day, and the next.  She began planning.  And we had to get there before she turned four.

Now I don't know if this perseverance is common to kids of this age or not, but it was clear to me that the idea of visiting "NEW YORK CITY" was not an idea that was going away.  I had a choice to make, let my child be my trip adviser or let her down gently, explaining that she would get to New York someday but probably not before she turned four.

I chose the first option.  Why not? I figured.  I'd like to go to New York too.  And so the planning began.

No comments:

Post a Comment