Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

App of the Week: Intro to Math



Intro to Math, by Montessorium - Montessorium, LLC.

***All iPod touch, iPad and iPhone app reviews on this site are ones that I use with my own children or to integrate technology into my classroom. The apps I recommend are all available at the app store, are high quality and very useful from an educational and a parenting point of view.***
My daughter attends a Montessori preschool and I love everything about the curriculum, materials and philosophy of the program.  Intro to Math, by Montessorium manages to capture the essence of Montessori education in an App.  The visuals look just like the materials in real life, there is a gentle pace to the explanations that encourage focus and concentration, and there are five different activities so your child can choose the "work" that is right for them.  Simple concepts are presented and this app is perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners who are building their number sense.  In my classroom I also have several first graders that struggle with math who are choosing this app on a regular basis.

Created for both the iPod and the iPad, this app is well worth it.  Enjoy!
Intro to Math, by Montessorium - Montessorium, LLC.

***All apps that I recommend on this site are ones that I use with my children or in my classroom.  I find them to be high quality and very useful from an educational point of view.***

No comments:

Post a Comment